Co-Occurring Disorders CEU Course
Prevalence rates show that individuals with co-occurring disorders are common in both the substance abuse and mental health treatment systems. This course will provide participants with an understanding of the concept and term: co-occurring disorders.
Participants will become familiar with the assessment, symptoms, and treatment of co-occurring disorders, and will be provided with an example of a special population that exists within the realm of co-occurring disorders.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to identify/demonstrate familiarity with:
- The definition and terms related to co-occurring disorders.
- The assessment of co-occurring disorders and common symptoms.
- The relationship between substance abuse and mental health concerns.
- The symptoms of specific co-occurring disorders.
- Available treatments for clients with co-occurring disorders.
- A special population example and co-occurring disorders.