Domestic Violence Continuing Education (CEU) Course
This course is designed to assist the behavioral healthcare worker in understanding domestic violence and the mandates that involve behavioral healthcare workers. In addition to defining domestic violence, this course will review the effects of domestic violence, the cycle of violence, associated risk factors, safety planning, confidentiality and the legalities of domestic violence.
Upon completion of this course the participant will:
- Be able to define domestic violence.
- Be able to discuss the statistics related to domestic violence.
- Develop an understanding of the impact and consequences of domestic violence on the victim from a health, psychological, and emotional perspective.
- Be able to assess, counsel and formulate safety plans for clients at risk of domestic violence or who are currently in a violent relationship.
- Be able to identify national and local domestic violence resources.