Behavioral Tech Internships
Name of Agency:
6555 NW 9thAvenue, Suite 214 (men); Suite 206 (women)
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Tele: (954) 771-2091
Agency’s Website: http://www.destinationhope.net
Name of Representative: Ben Brafman, LMHC/Keli Karbowski, LCSW
Agency’s Requirements: Training
Application Deadline: N/A
Start Date: N/A
Description of Agency:
Destination Hope is an addiction treatment center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida that provides substance abuse and dual diagnosis treatment to men suffering from drug or alcohol addiction. Our unique program treats individuals in a comfortable environment where we have helped hundreds of clients break free from substance abuse. Our exceptional Florida drug rehab, alcohol rehab, and addiction recovery program fosters a healthy, constructive and comfortable environment for clients to grow as they achieve their personal goals on the road to recovery and includes individual therapy, group therapy, family involvement/therapy and education about addictions and relapse prevention.
Destination Hope: The Women’s Program is a drug rehab and alcoholism treatment center strictly for women in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This alcohol and drug rehab for women provides a safe and supportive environment for female clients to focus on recovery, free of the distractions that many other co-ed treatment centers encounter and includes individual therapy, group therapy, family involvement/therapy and education about addictions and relapse prevention. As a gender specific facility, we have created drug rehab protocols specific to women and their unique challenges in addiction. We also offer unparalleled dual diagnosis treatment to women suffering from depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma and abuse.
Hours of Practica:
Interns will have an opportunity for a Part-Time (20 hours per week) or Full-Time (40 hours per week) internship. These hours will be achieved based on the following schedule.
Sunday thru Saturday, 7:30am–4:00pm
Sunday thru Saturday 3:00–11:30pm
- Candidates must commit to a minimum of a three month internship.
- Students that attend The Academy for Addiction Professionals must have completed the CBHT Training course and their account must be in good standing.
- Online students of The Academy for Addiction Professionals that are local to South Florida may be considered after completing the program.
- All internship candidates must be available to work at least one shift during the daytime hours.
- Candidates must provide two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a candidate’s instructor. One letter may be a personal recommendation.
- Candidates must meet with their Internship Supervisor one hour per week, flexible scheduling available*
- All applications will be processed in the same manner.
- Applications are available through The Academy for Addiction Professionals
- Completed Application and requested documents must be submitted before review.
- All eligible applicants will be scheduled for an interview with the Internship Supervisor and Coordinator
- Once an applicant is approved for the Internship Program a Plan and Schedule meeting will be assigned.
Number of Students: Varies depending on need
Student Responsibilities: Attend scheduled trainings and meetings
Internship Supervisor and Coordinator: Keli Karbowski, LCSW