Take Advantage of New, Lower Pricing! Contact Us or Get a Call Back

More Info Call Us

Substance Abuse Certification Training New York

For New York Students Seeking Counselor Training

New York state is one of the many reciprocal states for the Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) certification as outlined by the IC&RC. As a Certified Addiction Professional you may qualify to receive a reciprocal certification from New York. The certification that qualifies for this reciprocation is the Certified Addiction Professional (CAP) Certification. This is one of the many benefits of receiving your education from The Academy for Addiction Professionals and your certification from the Florida Certification Board.

CAP certification training is available online as well! Please fill out the form to the right to get more information. Please note that each state certification board has specific rules regarding distance or online learning. Check with your state to learn more.

Certified Addiction Counselors are not eligible to reciprocate their license through the IC&RC. However, for those that qualify to upgrade their certification to a Certified Addiction Professional, they will have the ability to reciprocate. They must be approved by the Florida Certification Board. They can then apply for reciprocity through the New York Office of Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services.

Please contact the IC&RC as well as the New York Office of Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services to learn more about the reciprocation regulations between New York and Florida. Also, bear in mind, each state may have different minimum requirements for certification. Please contact the New York Office of Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services to ensure that you qualify for reciprocity under their regulations.


298 South Progress Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17109
Phone: 717.540.4457
Fax: 717.540.4458 (fax)

New York Office of Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services
1450 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
Phone: 518-485-2042
Fax: 518-485-2062

Related Courses & Certifications

If you’re looking for another course, you may also click one of the links below: