More Info Call Us

Transferring Your Addiction Certification

The Florida Certification Board (FCB), the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium and other state licensing boards have made the process of transferring or maintaining multiple state licenses as easy as possible. The Academy for Addiction Professionals, supports and encourages those who are eligible for reciprocity to take our comprehensive course that will open doors for them in dozens of states throughout the United States and many countries and territories throughout the world.

If you are thinking of transferring your license out of the state and you have earned a qualifying CAP or CAC certification, you may be able to transfer your license to a different state following the steps you’ll find below:

  • Ensure that your CAP or CAC certification qualifies for reciprocity though the FCB
  • Check to see if the state to which you are moving offers reciprocity by visiting the IC&RC member board website.
  • Obtain and complete the reciprocity application, returning it to the FCB with a $100 check or money order made out to the IC&RC.
  • At this point you will have to wait for the FCB to verify your credentials and submit your application to the IC&RC,
  • Your application will be send to the state board to which you will be transferring your license.
  • You will receive notification of acceptance to the new board or you will receive a letter detailing any additional requirements needed for the transfer.

You may also maintain a license in more than one state. you will however have to qualify to maintain your license in each state individually. To learn more about the transfer and multiple license requirements, please contact the Florida Certification Board


CBHT Special Pricing

The Academy for Addiction Professionals is a leading addiction professional training center and an approved education provider for both the Florida Certification Board (FCB) and NAADAC. We offer interactive in-class (South Florida Location) and online training courses for the Certified Addiction Professional (CAP), Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC), Certified Behavioral Health Technician (CBHT) and Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) levels of certification as well as Continuing Education and Professional Development programs.