Maintaining the Physical Residence
CRRA Class #2
20 hours, taken online
- Maintain a physical environment that meets resident needs consistent with the recovery residence level of certification and/or license standards.
- Maintain a recovery residence that provides an alcohol and illicit drug-free environment.
Maintain a recovery residence that reflects the principles of a home-like environment that promotes community.
- Implement and maintain “good neighbor” policies to ensure that the residence/residents is courteous and compatible with the neighborhood and responsive to neighbor concerns, including but not limited to smoking, loitering, parking, noise, lewd or offensive language, cleanliness, and interaction with neighbors/concerned parties.
- Implement a property maintenance plan to proactively maintain both physical safety and a clean/orderly appearance of all physical properties.
- Promote home and resident safety by implementing and maintaining safety and emergency policies and procedures to address resident health, smoking/fires, natural disasters, and crisis intervention.
- Implement and promote peer governance of the residence in meaningful ways, such as resident established and implemented house rules, a residence council, leadership activities, and/or peer mentoring/role modeling.
- Maintain a “functionally equivalent family” within the residence as evidenced by policies and procedures regarding resident involvement with food preparation, household chores, use of common areas, expenses, and planned house meetings.