Online vs. In-Person Addiction Counselor Courses
The Academy for Addiction Professionals is an approved education provider for both the Florida Certification Board and NAADAC. As such we are able to offer many of our certification and continuing education courses both in person and online for those who cannot regularly visit the classroom. Our programs are tailored to satisfy the requirements for certification in most state and localities and students will be well-positioned to enter the counseling field with a firm grasp of best practices.
Benefits of Online Courses
- Distance learning becomes possible for students across the US and the world who do not have easy access to comprehensive courses
- Learning at your own pace
- Flexible class timing and scheduling
- Accelerated course-taking is possible, based on the students schedule and learning abilities
- A staff available to answer questions offline
Benefits of In-Person Courses
- A more immersive experience
- Direct contact with peers and other students at different knowledge levels
- Networking opportunities
- Direct access to instructors
What’s right for you?
Taking courses online versus in-person is a personal decision that should be made by the student, based on their individual circumstances. An added benefit of taking courses at The Academy for Addiction Professionals is that students that cannot commit to the course schedule for 14 months can take some courses in person and other online.
It is important to be aware that some states allow only a limited number of education hours to be taken online with the balance of the course required to be taken in person. Please check with your local addiction counselor certification board to learn more about these requirements, if any, to make sure you are in compliance.
We encourage all prospective students to call us and learn more about their options at The Academy.