This course will cover all the latest research for gaining insight into the disease of addiction and how it impacts a person and their families. An historical overview will be a main function of the class.
Students will learn the origins of addiction, its acceptance into mainstream society and different cultures and the future of addiction. Students will also begin learning about theory and identifying behaviors associated with addiction. Students will learn in detail the term addictive logic and how it applies to individuals and families.
This course will answer the following questions:
- What is the difference between abuse and dependence?
- How has the view of addiction changed over the years?
- Who is impacted by what type of drug and why?
- What we know about the brain regarding addiction?
- How addiction is like diabetes or cancer?
Duration: 45 hours, 13 classes