Thanks for your Inquiry!
Hello and thank you for your interest in The Academy for Addiction Professionals! The Academy is an approved education provider in Florida (FCB), Georgia (ADACBGA) and nationally through NAADAC. We have the courses necessary for you to take the CAP/MCAP, which may be called ADC/AADC outside Florida. Details of our courses can be found here:
The training is broken up into 11/12 sections totaling 350 hours:
- AAP001: Clinical Evaluation – 35 Hours
- AAP002: Treatment Planning – 30 Hours
- AAP003: Case Management and Referral – 15 Hours
- AAP004: Counseling – 50 hours
- AAP005: Client, Family and Community Education – 15 hours
- AAP006: Documentation – 15 Hours –
- AAP007: Ethical and Professional Responsibilities – 30 Hours
- AAP008: Understanding Addiction – 40 Hours
- AAP009: Treatment Knowledge – 40 Hours
- AAP010: Application to Practice – 40 Hours (32 hrs MCAP)
- AAP011: Professional Readiness – 40 Hours (32 hrs MCAP)
- AAP012: Supervision – 16 hours (MCAP only)
Licensed professionals may qualify for an accelerated MCAP. Please contact us for details.
Important – For Out of State Students
Our courses may qualify toward ADC/AADC certification requirements in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, CO, CT, HI, ID, IA, MD, MI, MS, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, WV via our NAADAC providership. However, we suggest contacting your board to confirm.
Courses can be taken online at https://addictionacademy.digitalchalk.com/auth/login. The total course cost is $1,750 and you pay per class, not all at once.
We have also reintroduced a small class, instructor led, virtual, live course taught by our director Ben Brafman. Enrollment is limited to 10 and the course cost is $5,000. You will also receive the required 270 hours of supervision and 3 years of CEUs for renewal absolutely free!
Please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Or schedule a call with me directly at https://calendly.com/addiction-academy/30min
My very best,