Do You Need An Addiction Certification?
Many counselors who have held their jobs for years and are fully entrenched in their careers may not understand the true benefit of an education in addiction and a professional certification from the Florida Certification Board. For those pondering that very issue, here are a few questions to consider:
- Do you wish to advance your career?
- Do you see yourself in a supervisory or leadership position sometime in the future?
- Do you believe that an addiction certification offers perspective and understanding of the addiction treatment industry?
- Do you believe that at some point in the future a certification will be necessary?
- Will you miss out on a potential opportunity if you have not differentiated yourself educationally?
If you answered YES to most or all of the questions above, a certification may be the right path for you. Of course, everyone is different and five simple questions are not sufficient to embark on a new educational endeavor.
We have developed an easy, but comprehensive decision-making guide that can help determine if you should pursue your certification. You can access it by clicking on the following link: Substance Abuse Counselor Decision Making Guide
The addiction / substance abuse counselor field is changing and growing rapidly. As treatment becomes more and more accessible, but also more complex, certified counselors will find themselves in greater demand. It is, of course, a personal decision as to whether a certification is the right course of action. We do believe however that a certification may not only advance your career, but could allow you to offer even better treatment to your clients.